Title: James Fenelon 164th Infantry Regiment
Collection Number: MSS 11111
Quantity: 2.25 feet
Abstract: Collection includes a roster of ND WWII officers, article about a WWII soldier fighting in France by Angela Kritzberger, publications, a news clipping, a hand-made composite poster of WWII battles on Guadalcanal, and photographs of Camp Claiborne, LA.
Provenance: The collection was donated by James Fenelon on December 30, 2011. The collection was processed and this inventory created by Emily E. Schultz in December 2011.
Property Rights: The State Historical Society of North Dakota owns the property rights to this collection.
Copyrights: Copyrights to this collection remain with the donor, publisher, author, or author's heirs. Researchers should consult the 1976 Copyright Act, Public Law 94-553, Title 17, U.S. Code or an archivist at this repository if clarification of copyright requirements is needed.
Access: This collection is open under the rules and regulations of the State Historical Society of North Dakota.
Citation: Researchers are requested to cite the collection title, collection number, and the State Historical Society of North Dakota in all footnote and bibliographic references.
Transfer: Eleven publications were transferred to the State Archives’ Publications in December 2011. See case file for titles.
1 Article about a WWII soldier fighting in France by Angela Kritzberger
164th Infantry News, September 1999
The Nodak Guardsman, August 1992
The Straight Arrow (North Dakota Army National Guard), November 1992
- Aerial photo of Camp Claiborne, LA, 1941
- Aerial photo of 68th Infantry Brigade, Camp Claiborne, LA , 1941
- Photo composite of the Regimental Headquarters Company, 164th Infantry, Camp Claiborne, LA, 1941
- Laminated news clipping about the 164th Infantry going ashore on Guadalcanal, August 1, 1992
- Hand-made composite poster of WWII battles on Guadalcanal: Battle of Edson’s Ridge (Bloody Ridge), September 12-14, 1942; Battle for Henderson Field, October 25-26, 1942; Drive to Koli Point, November 4-10, 1942; Fighting beyond Matanikau, November 15-20, 1942
612 East Boulevard Ave.
Bismarck, North Dakota 58505
State Museum and Store: 8am - 5pm M-F; Sat. & Sun. 10am - 5pm.
State Archives: 8am - 4:30pm., M-F, except state holidays, and 2nd Sat. of each month, 10am - 4:30 pm.
State Historical Society offices: 8am - 5pm M-F, except state holidays.
phone: (701) 328-2666
fax: (701) 328-3710