The minimum security facility called the North Dakota State Farm was established in 1943 (S. L. 1943, Ch.229). It was an agricultural facility providing food for institutional consumption and vocational training and employment for the inmates. Renamed the Missouri River Correctional Center in 1991, programs were expanded to include the manufacturing of goods and services for the state and political subdivisions. It functioned as a transitional unit and offered work release and community treatment programs.
1943 Creation of State Farm.
1991 State Farm renamed Missouri River Correction Center.
30368 State Farm Cattle, Hog, and Poultry Department Daily Report
30369 State Farm Carpenter’s Daily Reports
30370 State Farm Hobby Shop Reports
30371 State Farm Property Appraisals
612 East Boulevard Ave.
Bismarck, North Dakota 58505
State Museum and Store: 8am - 5pm M-F; Sat. & Sun. 10am - 5pm.
We are closed New Year's Day, Easter, Thanksgiving Day, and Christmas Day.
State Archives: 8am - 4:30pm., M-F, except state holidays, and 2nd Sat. of each month, 10am - 4:30 pm.
State Historical Society offices: 8am - 5pm M-F, except state holidays.
phone: (701) 328-2666
fax: (701) 328-3710